Reliable transportation is essential to working families, but the cost of purchasing and maintaining a car is a challenge for those with less than perfect credit histories or no credit history at all. Where other lenders see this as a barrier, we see the chance to help provide reliable transportation for working families.
Ways to Work (WTW) auto loans are for the purchase or repair of a used vehicle. Loans are currently available to borrowers living in South Western Pennsylvania.
For families, one of the greatest barriers to economic mobility is commuting time, as it relates to a parent’s ability to care for their family and obtain a job with a living wage. The purpose of the WTW loan is to provide affordable financing for a pre-owned car purchase or auto repair that would otherwise lead to the inability to keep one’s job, take care of one’s family, or limit an individual’s ability to get a better job.
We believe that having poor credit, or no credit at all, should not preclude anyone from bettering their lives and the lives of their families. We understand the challenges that low-income families face, and work to provide opportunities to those with less than perfect lending histories.
Community Growth Fund (CGF) offers the Ways to Work program. We provide our borrowers with free financial literacy training to ensure that our borrowers have the tools they need to succeed. We guide our borrowers through the initial steps of the WTW Loan process and puts borrowers on the path to success. Start the process here.
What we offer
- Financing for used vehicles up to $10,000 in value
- Repair loan up to $4500
- Vehicles must be purchased through dealerships that we have worked with in past and are familiar with the WTW program. Private purchases do not qualify for Ways to Work Loans
- Financial literacy classes are required for all Ways to Work applicants
- Must live within Western Pennsylvania Counties (Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties)
- Pennsylvania Drivers’ License
- Employed consecutively for three months or more at a minimum of 20 hours per week at the same job
- Cannot have a current car loan or be a co-signer on a current car loan (Unless Applying for Repair Loan)
- Must be able to provide proof of ability to afford the monthly loan payments
- Must participate in Financial Classes provided by The Community Growth Fund.